[Live-devel] OpenRTSP with Open Broadcast Software

Jeff Shanab jshanab at jfs-tech.com
Sun Sep 7 03:37:30 PDT 2014

Does open broadcast need raw video as input? Live555 is a streamer only.
I decoded my frames using libavcodec(FFMPEG) and then apply them to a
texture using opengl or directx on windows,linux,mac,android or iphone.
same procedure for all.
Libavcodec decodes to YUV422 data, That is a luminance value for each pixel
and half as many of each chroma values. I used a shader in HSGL to convert
the YUV to RGBA in video hardware, but libavcodec has a sws_scale function
that can scale and color convert in main memory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YUV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libavcodec
useful but dated:
http://blog.tomaka17.com/2012/03/libavcodeclibavformat-tutorial/