[Live-devel] RTSPClient Auto re-connect when connection lost

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Sep 8 01:00:09 PDT 2014

> Based on “openRTSP”, I wrote my own Rtsp client class that handle my own operations and everything works perfectly. My question is how to detect the connection lost (unplug the capable, server down …) and how to re-connect to server?

Probably the best way to do this is to periodically check whether new incoming RTP packets have been received.  If no new RTP packets have been received, then you can assume that the stream has ended.

Note, for example, how we implement the "-D <maximum-inter-packet-gap>" option in "openRTSP":
	http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/#playing-time