[Live-devel] proxy server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 29 00:40:46 PDT 2015

> Thank you for your answer. I think I have to tell something more about the application I have to make. It is not only just a simple proxy server, but it has also to deal with unicast streams from network A which has to be forwarded as unicast or multicast streams at network B. Or multicast streams from network A which has to be forwarded as unicast or multicast streams at network B. So I really have to modify the RTSP URLs in my proxy server.

Our proxy server already ‘modifies URLs’.  Or more precisely, it acts as a RTSP server of its own, and therefore provides its own RTSP URLs to ‘front-end’ clients.  These differ from the URLs that the proxy server uses to access the ‘back-end’ streams.

I suggest that you begin by familiarizing yourself with the existing “LIVE555 Proxy Server” application, described in
	http://www.live555.com/proxyServer/ <http://www.live555.com/proxyServer/>

This appears to already do most of what you want.  Note, in particular, that the proxy server’s ‘back end’ streams (i.e., the streams that it receives) can be either unicast or multicast.  (Note, however, that the proxy server’s ‘front-end’ streams are unicast only, which is not quite what you want; you noted that you want the front-end streams to be either unicast or multicast.  It would be possible to modify the code to support this, and I could assist you with this - but some of this assistance would likely be beyond what I can provide ‘for free’ on this mailing list.)

In any case, I suggest that you first familiarize yourself with the existing “LIVE555 Proxy Server”.