[Live-devel] proxy server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 29 01:43:01 PDT 2015

> Thank you for your patience and quick response. I will have a closer look at the proxy server code. However, this program (and others, like the testOnDemandRTSPServer) are creating ServerMediaSessions at startup. In my case I do not know which streams will be used at startup. I will receive a clients request (from network A) at runtime and than have to setup the connection.

OK, it sounds like our custom “REGISTER” RTSP command can be useful here.  You can start up the proxy server with the “-R” option (and no ‘back-end’ URL parameters), and then use our “registerRTSPStream” application (available in the “testProgs” directory) to ‘register’ one or more ‘back-end’ streams.

> Furthermore, when nobody is interested anymore in the (unicast) stream, I have to close it to save bandwidth (at network B).

Our proxy server already does this - not by closing the back-end stream - but by sending a RTSP “PAUSE” command.