[Live-devel] Static Initialization Issues

Jeremiah Morrill Jeremiah.Morrill at econnect.tv
Wed Aug 12 23:46:18 PDT 2015

>> But perhaps you’ve defined your own subclass of “BasicTaskScheduler0”, and are declaring an object of that subclass statically??

Yeah it’s a subclass of BasicTaskScheduler0, which (through many feet of abstraction) was getting initialized statically.  In the subclass I have the mechanics of the event loop using libuv, but wanted to reuse the DelayQueue for best compatibility with existing liveMedia code (a libuv timer triggers the override of SingleStep(…) and libuv socket polls replaces the select(…)).  At the time, I guess I figured the BasicTaskScheduler0 was what gave me the minimum I needed.

I’ll change my code around so that the task scheduler gets lazy loaded as there’s really no reason in this project to execute any live555 code before main(…).

Thank you for all your time (and surely the code!)

-Jer