[Live-devel] Provide multicast and unicast stream

Robert Smith smith at cognitec.com
Thu Aug 20 02:57:06 PDT 2015

The RTSP spec allows a server to provide multiple transport options for
a single stream, e.g, unicast or multicast, but I can't figure out how
to do this with the live555 library.

Currently I am creating two streams for the same (live) source and
appending either '_unicast' or '_multicast' to the URL but I would
prefer a single URL for the stream.

I'm surprised that I haven't been able to find anything relating to this
since I guess it would be a common requirement? I did notice that the
live555mediaserver doesn't support it which suggests that the library
doesn't support this either? but openRTSP does support explicitly
requesting a multicast stream.

Help appreciated,

Robert Smith.