[Live-devel] Broadcasting to UDP?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 31 00:05:14 PDT 2015

> The cameras can be inside or outside the LAN, so yes, in those cases where the camera is inside the LAN and we use this program, there will be two copies of the stream in the network. When the camera is in an external IP, I want this program to connect to it via unicast and then distribute the stream to the clients in the network via multicast. Sometimes you cannot control all the routers in between to guarantee there will be multicasting availability all the way from the camera to the clients.

If you want to relay a unicast RTSP/RTP stream into a multicast RTSP/RTP stream, then something like the following should work:

1/ Modify “testH264VideoStreamer.cpp” to change the “inputFileName” variable from "test.264” to “stdin”.  Recompile “testH264VideoStreamer”.
2/ Then you can run “openRTSP -v” to receive the unicast RTSP/RTP stream, and then ‘pipe’ the resulting H.264 video stream into your modified “testH264VideoStreamer”.  I.e., run - from the command line (sorry, this works for a Unix command line; I don’t know if it’ll work in Windows):
	openRTSP -v 'rtsp://<ip address>/axis-media/media.amp?camera=1’ | your-modified-testH264VideoStreamer

(Unfortunately this is as much help as I can give you here ‘for free’ on this mailing list.  If your company is interested in having me consult further on your project, then please have your management let me know (via separate email).)

http://www.live555.com/ <http://www.live555.com/>