[Live-devel] Broadcasting to UDP?

Marco (Xanatos Marine) marco at xanatosmarine.com
Sun Aug 30 23:09:06 PDT 2015

On 2015-08-30 10:18 PM, Ross Finlayson wrote:
>>     ServerMediaSession* sms
>>         = ServerMediaSession::createNew(*env, "testStream",
>> inputFileName,
>>         "Session streamed by \"testH264VideoStreamer\"",
>>         True /*SSM*/);
>>
>> with
>>     ServerMediaSession* sms
>>         = ProxyServerMediaSession::createNew(*env, rtspServer,
>>         "rtsp://<ip address>/axis-media/media.amp?camera=1",
>> "testStream”);
>
> That has *exactly* the same effect as just running the “LIVE555 Proxy
> Server”!  In other words, all clients that connect to the RTSP server
> will get their own, unicast copy of the stream.  That’s what the
> “ProxyServerMediaSession” object does.

Oh and I thought I had solved the problem! What should I do then?
replace "inputFileName" with the input stream URL in the
"ServerMediaSession" constructor?

I'm running in Windows btw. The cameras can be inside or outside the
LAN, so yes, in those cases where the camera is inside the LAN and we
use this program, there will be two copies of the stream in the network.
When the camera is in an external IP, I want this program to connect to
it via unicast and then distribute the stream to the clients in the
network via multicast. Sometimes you cannot control all the routers in
between to guarantee there will be multicasting availability all the way
from the camera to the clients.

Sorry to bother you so much, and thanks,
Marco

*Ing. Marco A. Pérez López*

Software Development

Xanatos Marine Ltd.

#370 18 Gostick Place

North Vancouver, B.C., V7M 3G3

Phone: +1 604 904 2200

www.xanatosmarine.com <http://www.xanatosmarine.com/>

This electronic transmission (including any and all attachments) is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged and/or
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this electronic
transmission, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or
distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance upon the contents
of this electronic transmission, is strictly prohibited, and you are
further requested to purge this electronic transmission and all copies
thereof from your computer system.