[Live-devel] Live555 Proxy Server - access log

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 8 03:46:33 PST 2015

> Is there any possibility to log or add in debug access log in Proxy Server? I looked for it in code but I didn't find it.
>
> I consider to log (for some stats): date/timestamp, client IP, client UA, response code (maybe something else). What do you think about it?

If you add
#define DEBUG 1
to the start of “liveMedia/RTSPServer.cpp”, and recompile, you’ll get diagnostic output (to “stderr”) that will show each ‘front-end’ client’s access to the server.

Alternatively, you could subclass “RTSPServer” and “RTSPClientConnection”, and redefine the virtual functions “handleCmd_DESCRIBE()” (etc.) to do whatever logging you want.