[Live-devel] How to execute openRTSP by an user without sudo permissions

Christiano Belli christiano.belli at snitch.com.br
Fri Dec 11 03:08:41 PST 2015

I'm facing difficulties related to the openRTSP execution. I want to kill
and start openRTSP from a Perl script that owns the user www-data.

The thing is: when I execute openRTSP as root, my video files are created
without any problems. When my perl script executes the same command through
exec(), but without sudo permissions, I get videos that VLC can't open.

So my questions are:

What is keeping openRTSP from working or what path openRTSP uses that my
script isn't allowed to access?

Is it better to just allow my script with sudo permissions?

PS: with both executions the videos are created, but with those made by the
script I get the error that there is no data Flux.

Att.