[Live-devel] RSTP Live streaming from USB camera (Ross Finlayson)

Giovanni Iamonte giovanni.iamonte at quintetto.it
Sat Feb 21 10:33:03 PST 2015

Hi Ross

We use ffmpeg and live555 to generate an H264 streaming in a Windows
environment.

As I said in my previous mail, after your last suggestion the streaming
works as we expect.

Nevertheless, when we play with the H264 parameters, to have better
quality,

and the bitrate grows over 2 Mbps, we start to notice some artefacts in
the player.

We went inside the problem and we realized that there were several lost
packets.

Looking at the source code, in the "writeSocket" function inside

GroupsockHelper.cpp file we saw that there's no check for error for the
"sendto" call.

We have tried and tested with success a way to solve the problem:

1) first of all, we modified the "writeSocket" function by adding an

error check when the "sendto" is called, in case of fail, it retries the
call for a max of 3 time.

2) secondly, we programmatically increased the socket buffer by

adding the call to "setsockopt" in Live555ServerMediaSubsession ::
createNewRTPSink

What do you think about? Is interesting for you to consider our code?

Bye

Ing. Giovanni Iamonte

Area Tecnologie e sviluppi

Quintetto Srl - Pont Saint Martin (AO)