[Live-devel] pause issue

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Feb 23 22:37:59 PST 2015

What ‘issue'??  Previously you said there was no ‘issue’ - i.e.:

>> Another source of bad RTP timestamps (but which does not seem to
>> cause any issue in live555) is when MultiFramedRTPSink starts
>> sending packets immediately with (a correct presentation time or
>> not) as a consequence of StreamState::startPlaying before
>> RTPSInk::presetNextTimestamp has been called

I’m in no hurry to change any code that (in your words) “does not seem to cause any issue in live555”.  But in any case, wouldn’t the ‘solution’ be to simply move the call to “startPlaying()” after the “if” statement that contains the call to “presetNextTimestamp()”?

(I *do*, however, plan to fix the problem (that you noted) with old data being sent (after resuming from a “PAUSE”) because of it having been stored in ‘overflow data’  - once I’ve verified this.)