[Live-devel] about remove proxyserver

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Feb 25 03:08:22 PST 2015

> I ran into a crash when removing the proxy server media session from our proxy server.

Thanks for the note.  Someone else reported (what seems to be) the same problem a couple of weeks ago.  Unfortunately, however, I haven’t yet been able to figure out exactly why this crash is happening.

>  Maybe, I guess that is caused below code.
>
> ProxyServerMediaSession::~ProxyServerMediaSession() {
[…]
>   Medium::close(fClientMediaSession);  //////////////////=> this instance is removed before above code.

Unfortunately I don’t (yet) see how this can be happening, because “fClientMediaSession” is deleted only within the “ProxyServerMediaSession” destructor, which means that if, indeed, “fClientMediaSession” has already been deleted at that point, then somehow the "ProxyServerMediaSession” object must have erroneously been deleted twice, and I don’t see how that can occur.