[Live-devel] Bug report of Live555ProxyServer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Feb 27 11:13:12 PST 2015

Dashan,

First, your log file reveals that you have made at least some changes to the supplied code. We can support only the original, unmodified code.

Second, your first test shouldn’t be with such a large number of proxied streams.  Can you reproduce your problem with just two streams?

Third, what specifically do you mean by “switch back and forth between one camera to another”?  You understand, I hope, that each time you start viewing (using VLC, or any other RTSP client) a new proxied stream, you are increasing the network traffic in front of the proxy server, and also - if this was the first request to view the proxied stream - the network traffic behind the proxy server.  If you don’t explicitly stop playing (using VLC’s ‘stop’ button) the first stream when you switch to a second stream, then the first stream will continue to be streamed.  With such a large number of proxied streams, perhaps you are simply overwhelming the capacity of your network?

Finally, “VLC" is not a good RTSP client to be using for your initial testing.  VLC is not our software, and it has known scalability problems if you try to run two or more instances of VLC on the same computer (if that’s what you’re doing).  I suggest using “openRTSP” <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/ <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/>> instead, at least initially.