[Live-devel] Support for remote streaming.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 10 19:42:03 PDT 2015

> I think Ross may have missed the bit about different subnets.

No I didn’t.  However, the original question suggested a lack of sophistication - i.e., that the OP had two sites on different subnets (presumably connected via a router, otherwise why bother), and simply wanted to stream between them.  I suggested starting with basic unicast RTSP/RTP streaming (i.e., not multicast, which might not work for him).

Maybe the OP was asking something more sophisticated, but if so, his question certainly didn’t suggest this.