[Live-devel] Using RTP/RTCP over TCP, sendDataOverTCP retry

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 17 18:46:39 PDT 2015

> I don’t think so because this condition is triggered if sending the framing data hits an error and the socket is removed for further usage (not closed however).
>
>    } else if (sendResult < 0) {
>      // Because the "send()" call failed, assume that the socket is now unusable, so stop
>      // using it (for both RTP and RTCP):
>      removeStreamSocket(socketNum, 0xFF);
> }

Actually, I think you’ve discovered a bug in the code here.  That “if” condition (in “RTPInterface.cpp”, line 379) should probably be changed to
	} else if (sendResult < 0 && envir().getErrno() != EAGAIN) {
because the intent of this code was to stop using the socket only if it has truly failed (not just temporarily blocked)

Please make that change, and confirm that it works OK for you.  If so, I’ll make this change in the next release of the software.