[Live-devel] Using RTP/RTCP over TCP, sendDataOverTCP retry

Erik Oomen erik.oomen at zepcam.com
Sun Jul 19 13:33:12 PDT 2015

> Actually, I think you’ve discovered a bug in the code here.  That “if” condition (in “RTPInterface.cpp”, line 379) should probably be changed to
> 	} else if (sendResult < 0 && envir().getErrno() != EAGAIN) {
> because the intent of this code was to stop using the socket only if it has truly failed (not just temporarily blocked)
>
> Please make that change, and confirm that it works OK for you.  If so, I’ll make this change in the next release of the software.

No, not quite.  From image quality point of view I’m not satisfied, just dropping datagrams is bad for inter frame video protocols (H264), it hurts image quality badly.  Better option would be to queue the datagrams up to a certain point before dropping them, and when dropping starts why not close the connection as well.

Erik Oomen.