[Live-devel] live555 proxyserver received RTCP "BYE"

Saverio ABC s.decarpentieri at abcimpianti.com
Tue Jul 21 02:20:10 PDT 2015

Dear Ross,

My client use VLC as rtsp server, and i use live555 proxyserver(last
version 2015.07.19) to proxy the rtsp stream. From the log generated by
live555 proxyserver, every about 60s (default timeout), VLC will send a
"BYE" signal to live555 proxyserver, this will cause the rtsp proxy
process broken and a restart of session.

Following i attach generated by live555 proxyserver:

/Server: VLC/2.0.3
Cseq: 7
Public: DESCRIBE,SETUP,TEARDOWN,PLAY,PAUSE,GET_PARAMETER
ProxyServerMediaSubsession["H264"]: received RTCP "BYE".  (The back-end
stream has ended.)
ProxyServerMediaSubsession["H264"]::closeStreamSource()
ProxyServerMediaSubsession["H264"]::closeStreamSource()
ProxyServerMediaSubsession["MPA"]::closeStreamSource()
ProxyServerMediaSubsession["H264"]::~ProxyServerMediaSubsession()
ProxyServerMediaSubsession["MPA"]::~ProxyServerMediaSubsession()/

I searched on web and i found a possible bug on vlc that only support
RTSP messages (like GET_PARAMETER) as RTSP keepalive and not RR packets.
However I can't change back-end camera software(vlc/2.0.3) so if
possible how can I change the code of ProxyServerMedia to avoid this error?

Save