[Live-devel] H264 form a MPEG

Miguel Orenes miguel.orenes at displaynote.com
Wed Jul 22 15:36:56 PDT 2015

Hi there,

I am trying to integrate live555 on an environment where the video source is a MPEG(h264) flow.

So, I decided to use an easy way to get this MPEG video by:

1- Create a MediaSink to link with the resource.

2- A SimpleRTPSource.

Until here all was ok, I am getting in afterGettingFrame the correct MPEG data( I checked that by creating a file with all the data received and then by playing on VLC).

My problem is  to get the H264 video to be treated. Taking a look on the examples, I though I could do it by using a MPEG1or2Demux and then get the VideoStream by newVideoStream. The surprise was I got exactly the same MPEG file that I got previously(when dont use MPEG1or2Demux).

My code looks like:

sessionState.source = SimpleRTPSource::createNew(*env, &rtpGroupsock, 33, 90000, "video/MP2T", 0, False /*no 'M' bit*/);

MPEG1or2Demux *mpegDemux = MPEG1or2Demux::createNew(*env, fileSource);

 FramedSource* videoES = mpegDemux->newVideoStream();

videoSink->startPlaying(*videoSource, afterPlaying, NULL);

And then I still receiving MPEG in afterGettingFrame instead of h264 frames as I wanted.

I am not sure If I am doing something bad or I assumed I can do this with live555 but that is not possible.

Is there a way to get the H264 video part from a MPEG flow in live555?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards.