[Live-devel] Axis firmware 5.6

Adrian Kovacs A.Kovacs at Noldus.NL
Thu Jun 4 00:28:27 PDT 2015

Thank you for your answer.
I asked Axis ADP Helpdesk, too. They answered, see the mail below. I sent them tetRTSPClient, so this is the client, that they wrote about. From the mail it seems to me, that the only option to send OPTIONS command periodically. Or does live555 have the setting that Axis helpdesk mentioned?

Adrian Kovacs

"I traced this and indeed your client is only sending RTCP RR reports to keep the session-alive, I compared with VLC media player (that also is Live555)  and VLC do send a GET_Parameter request before the time-out to keep the session alive. (1min default).

Now according to the RFC-2326 for RTSP, it does not specifically mandate that you should use RTCP RR packets to keep it alive. It mentions RTSP commands or RTCP commands but no real clear indication( this means one of them)

But it's actually clear that our new GStreamer expects RTSP commands to keep the session alive and not RTCP commands. Sorry for this as I mentioned it before,

I don't know the live555 library but can it not be initialised to send those RTSP commands instead of just RTCP RR ?"