[Live-devel] Axis firmware 5.6

Deanna Earley dee.earley at icode.co.uk
Thu Jun 4 00:53:47 PDT 2015

I can confirm that GStreamer used in the Axis 5.60 cameras does *not* honour RR packets to show a live connection.
I have raised this with them as it's a change of behaviour and is contrary to their documentation but they couldn't reproduce it.
They do have packet captures showing the behaviour though and will investigate further.

Our solution was to send a null GET_PARAMETER request at 5s short of the timeout specified in SETUP response (accessible through rtspClient->sessionTimeoutParameter()).

Note that this behaviour is mimicked by VLC.

--
Deanna Earley | Lead developer | icatchercctv