[Live-devel] MPEGTS FramedSource

Anthony Clark aclark at bbn.com
Thu Jun 4 04:33:53 PDT 2015

Ross and all,

I have an MPEGTS muxer (ffmpeg) that spits out 1316 (188 * 7) byte
chunks of valid data at a time. In my FramedSource subclass, I can write
this to a file via fwrite and have a perfectly playable mpegts file.
I've been sending data to `fTo` in 1316 byte chunks (as hinted in our
previous conversation). The library gives no error or warning and it
looks like the data is getting sent out correctly looking at IO rates in
wireshark. My total rate is only about ~2Mbit/s, but `openRTSP` only
writes it's output file at ~160Kbit/s.

I am curious of the proper "rate" to feed `fTo` for my MPEGTS
FramedSource. I figured <= MTU sized data would be best, but it seems
maybe something else. Ideas?

I should note my FramedSource subclass is based off of `DeviceSource`.
Thanks! I can sources if you need them - but I'm sure I just missed a
detail.

-ac