[Live-devel] New version of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code - restructures the "RTPServer" class

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 9 10:21:42 PDT 2015

> Thanks, but it looks like one was missed (I’ve only tried liveMedia, not the other components yet).
> Adding:
> friend class RTSPServer;
> to:
> GenericMediaServer::ClientConnection
> seems to fix the “cannot access protected member”.

Grumble…  I can do this, but in principle a base class like “GenericMediaServer” shouldn’t have to be told about a specific subclass (in this case, “RTSPServer”).  You should really fix your compiler (perhaps an upgrade is available?).

> Removing the cast on the background handler functions allowed it to compile

What puzzles me here is that - in at least one case - you should have had the same problem with the old code.

> I also see that RTSPServer::RTSPClientConnection includes incomingRequestHandler andincomingRequestHandler1 with no implementation.

I don’t understand.  There’s no longer “incomingRequestHandler1” anywhere in the code.  Are you sure you don’t have old header files lying around somewhere?

But anyway, I’ve just installed an updated version of the code (2015.06.09a) that should work better for you.