[Live-devel] New version of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code - restructures the "RTPServer" class

Deanna Earley dee.earley at icode.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 02:09:19 PDT 2015

From: live-devel [mailto:live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com] On Behalf Of Ross Finlayson
Sent: 09 June 2015 18:22
To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
Subject: Re: [Live-devel] New version of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code - restructures the "RTPServer" class

Thanks, but it looks like one was missed (I’ve only tried liveMedia, not the other components yet).
Adding:
friend class RTSPServer;
to:
GenericMediaServer::ClientConnection
seems to fix the “cannot access protected member”.

Grumble…  I can do this, but in principle a base class like “GenericMediaServer” shouldn’t have to be told about a specific subclass (in this case, “RTSPServer”).  You should really fix your compiler (perhaps an upgrade is available?).

Thank you, it compiles OK now. I believe it was down to RTSPServer not being a subclass of the GenericMediaServer::ClientConnection class, and so requiring explicit access.
I also notice this comment:
// needed to make some broken Windows compilers work; remove this in the future when we end support for Windows
Are there any plans to remove support for Windows users?

Removing the cast on the background handler functions allowed it to compile

What puzzles me here is that - in at least one case - you should have had the same problem with the old code.

Possibly. Maybe it didn’t like that fact it was inherited from GenericMediaServer

I also see that RTSPServer::RTSPClientConnection includes incomingRequestHandler andincomingRequestHandler1 with no implementation.

I don’t understand.  There’s no longer “incomingRequestHandler1” anywhere in the code.  Are you sure you don’t have old header files lying around somewhere?

Apologies, I was looking at the old one when I was investigating the error.

But anyway, I’ve just installed an updated version of the code (2015.06.09a) that should work better for you.

Yep, tested and built. Thanks

--
Deanna Earley | Lead developer | icatchercctv

w: www.icode.co.uk/icatcher<http://www.icode.co.uk/icatcher> | t: 01329 835335 | f: 01329 835338
Registered Office : 71 The Hundred, Romsey, SO51 8BZ. Company Number : 03428325