[Live-devel] Live encoder publishing via RTP/TCP to media server

Nick Reed nick.reed at fuel7.com
Tue Jun 9 16:56:59 PDT 2015

> No, we don’t support that model of communication (‘pushing’ media to a server), because it’s excessively complex, and non-standard.

The proxying solution doesn’t work if the encoder is behind NAT firewalls, however, unless you add a non-standard extension to connect back through the firewall like your REGISTER implementation.

We understand that there is extra complexity, but we have all of that working and feel like it’s a better solution for us.  It seems like the Live555 libraries have the majority of the code necessary to make this work, and indeed I can push media to a server using VLC which I thought used Live555 predominantly.

If this can’t be done or is strongly discouraged, though, we can look for another solution.

Thanks for your time.