[Live-devel] Live encoder publishing via RTP/TCP to media server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 9 15:48:30 PDT 2015

> We’ve started the implementation of our own Source classes for both video and audio, and the workflow to connect them to the proper RtpSink classes as described in the FAQ and examples.  We don’t see any examples that push to a server using RTSP

No, we don’t support that model of communication (‘pushing’ media to a server), because it’s excessively complex, and non-standard.  Instead, we support a (much simpler) model whereby a RTSP server can act as a ‘proxy’ for another RTSP stream.  In fact, we have an ‘off the shelf’ proxy server application:
	http://live555.com/proxyServer/ <http://live555.com/proxyServer/>
that you can use.

In your case, therefore, you would want your media source to have a build-in RTSP server, which you could access via a proxy server (or directly from RTSP client(s)).  You can do this using the “testOnDemandRTSPServer” demo application as a model; see
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast <http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast>

You will need to write your own subclass of “OnDemandServerMediaSubsession” (one for each kind of media - audio and video - that you’re streaming), as noted in the FAQ entry linked to above.