[Live-devel] MPEGTS FramedSource Pt2

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 10 01:19:04 PDT 2015

> You mentioned previously that fDurationInMicroseconds in important for the client to request data at a correct rate. I haven't found out exactly if this should be relative to a video frame or relative to a MPEGTS frame

It should be the duration of whatever data you’re feeding to the downstream object.  In your case, you’re feeding a chunk of 7 188-byte MPEG TS ‘packets’ to the downstream object, so “fDurationInMicroseconds” should be set to the total duration (in microseconds) of this chunk of data - if you know it.

If, however, you don’t know the duration of each chunk of MPEG TS ‘packets’, then you shouldn’t set “fDurationInMicroseconds”, but should instead feed each chunk of data into a “MPEG2TransportStreamFramer” object.  I.e., you would do this in your implementation of the “createNewStreamSource()” virtual function.  (The “MPEG2TransportStreamFramer” object will automatically estimate the duration of each chunk of data, based upon the PCR timestamps in the data.)

If you’re unsure about the duration of each 7-TS-packet chunk, then I recommend feeding this into a "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer” object, as described above.