[Live-devel] rtsp url case sensitivity

Stas Tsymbalov tsymbalov at trueconf.ru
Wed Jun 10 08:48:31 PDT 2015

> I am asking whether it is possible to configure my Live555 RTSP server
> to ignore the case of stream names in URL's as a workaround for the VLC
> problem because we don't have a requirement for stream name case
> sensitivity.

You can do this without changing HashTable class:
  1. When creating ServerMediaSession to add to RTSPServer convert streamName to lower case.
  2. Subclass RTSPServer and write your own implementation of lookupServerMediaSession() which would convert supplied (by client) streamName to lower case check if it exists with RTSPServer::lookupServerMediaSession(). mediaServer app from live555 already doing something similar to this with DynamicRTSPServer class.

--
Stas Tsymbalov
TrueConf LLC