[Live-devel] rtsp url case sensitivity

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 10 06:41:27 PDT 2015

> Yes I understand that it is an issue with VLC and not with Live555.
>
> I'm not asking for any changes to the Live555 library.
>
> I am asking whether it is possible to configure my Live555 RTSP server to ignore the case of stream names in URL's as a workaround for the VLC problem because we don't have a requirement for stream name case sensitivity.

The only way that I can think of is to do what you earlier suggested - i.e., implement your own “HashTable” subclass (in your own “UsageEnvironment” subclass) to be case insensitive for string lookups.  I’d be a bit wary of doing this, though, because “HashTable”s are used throughout the code. It seems like a lot just to work around a bug in one particular client.