[Live-devel] Stream and Receive H264 video using the same UDP Groupsock

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jun 25 02:28:12 PDT 2015

> What I am exactly trying to do is to simulate a RTP session for bidirectional video telephony (using H.264 codec) which means I would need a single UDP socket that sends and receives RTP data simultaneously (using the same IP address and local port number).

There’s probably no reason why your ‘source’ (i.e., “BasicUDPSource” or “RTPSource” (subclass)) and ‘sink’ (i.e., “BasicUDPSink” or “RTPSink” subclass)) can’t use the same ‘Groupsock” object.  So I suggest that you go ahead and try that.

Once you’ve created your “Groupsock” object (specifying the input port number), you will probably want to change its destination IP address and port number, using “Groupsock::changeDestinationParameters()”.