[Live-devel] Measuring delay

Frank van Eijkelenburg frank.van.eijkelenburg at technolution.nl
Fri Jun 26 06:17:25 PDT 2015

Hi all,

We are using the proxy server implementation of live555. We have a
requirement for the proxy server to have a delay between incoming and
outgoing streams of less than 100 ms. My question is, how can I verify
this in a simple way?

I was thinking of sending a frame with a timestamp in the payload data
and verify this in a client (which is receiving the stream through the
proxy server). If I run these programs on the same machine, we don't
have the delay of a network, but only an extra delay of the send and
receive program perhaps. Is that correct?

--

Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards,

*Frank van Eijkelenburg* Lead Designer

*T* +31(0)182594000 | *E* frank.van.eijkelenburg at technolution.nl
*A*Burgemeester Jamessingel 1, P.O. Box 2013, 2800 BD Gouda, The
Netherlands | *W*technolution.com

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may not be
passed on to, or made available for use by any person other than the
addressee(s). Technolution B.V. rules out any and every liability
resulting from any electronic transmission.