[Live-devel] Multiple NALUs concatenated together in one afterGettingFrame

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri May 8 00:48:27 PDT 2015

> Is there a way we, as the RTSPClient caller, can determine when RTP frames have been lost

Yes, look at “RTPReceptionStats”.  Note (in “testProgs/playCommon.cpp”) how the “openRTSP” client implements the “-Q” (report QOS stats) option:
	http://live555.com/openRTSP/#other-options <http://live555.com/openRTSP/#other-options>

> As our original problem was multiple frames concatenated together in one “frame”, do you agree that a dropped RTP frame *couldn’t* cause that issue too (given the packet structure I described earlier)?

Yes (though I’d say “shouldn’t” rather than “couldn’t”).  I’m not ruling out the possibility of a bug in our code that might be causing this (though I’d need to see a packet trace to be sure).