[Live-devel] Multiple NALUs concatenated together in one afterGettingFrame

Deanna Earley dee.earley at icode.co.uk
Thu May 7 01:38:24 PDT 2015

Ah-ha thanks!
I spent hours staring at the code and packet capture and clearly couldn’t see the wood for the trees!

We already have questions over that model of camera and are close to dropping support.

Is there a way we, as the RTSPClient caller, can determine when RTP frames have been lost (non sequential sequence numbers) rather than detecting it at a higher level (to aid in debugging rubbish cameras)?
It looks like this is the “timeout” in ReorderingPacketBuffer::getNextCompletedPacket as I can’t see any checks in MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1.

As our original problem was multiple frames concatenated together in one “frame”, do you agree that a dropped RTP frame *couldn’t* cause that issue too (given the packet structure I described earlier)?
I’m still trying to catch this one to verify the network stream.

Thanks again for pointing out what I clearly didn’t see :o)

--
Deanna Earley | Lead developer | icatchercctv