[Live-devel] Library modifications

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon May 11 10:47:21 PDT 2015

I realize that most of your message seemed to be referring to ‘subclassing’ - which is the preferred way to change or extend the functionality of the code.  However, because you used the term “modifications” - which usually means changing the code in place - I wanted to first make it clear that this is not the way that the code was intended to be extended.

However, as noted here
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#cannot-subclass <http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#cannot-subclass>
if you have specific examples of places in the code where subclassing does not work well for you, let us know.

http://www.live555.com/ <http://www.live555.com/>