[Live-devel] Library modifications

Deanna Earley dee.earley at icode.co.uk
Tue May 12 00:44:02 PDT 2015

> I realize that most of your message seemed to be referring to
> ‘subclassing’ - which is the preferred way to change or extend the
> functionality of the code.  However, because you used the term
> “modifications” - which usually means changing the code in place - I
> wanted to first make it clear that this is not the way that the code was
> intended to be extended.
>
> However, as noted here
> 	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#cannot-subclass
> if you have specific examples of places in the code where subclassing does
> not work well for you, let us know.

For reference, our only modification to the liveMedia code is to extract the extension header which has been mentioned several times before.
http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2013-January/016379.html
Ours is based on this patch:
http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2009-April/010424.html
Until there's an officially supported method, we'll have to live with a slightly modified version (We still keep up to date though)
ps
--
Deanna Earley | Lead developer | icatchercctv

w: www.icode.co.uk/icatcher | t: 01329 835335 | f: 01329 835338
Registered Office : 71 The Hundred, Romsey, SO51 8BZ. Company Number : 03428325