[Live-devel] proxy servers in a chain

Frank van Eijkelenburg frank.van.eijkelenburg at technolution.nl
Fri May 29 00:00:41 PDT 2015

On 28-05-15 22:35, Ross Finlayson wrote:
>> I was wondering if it is possible to have multiple proxy servers in a
>> chain.
>
> Yes, of course - because the same protocol (RTSP/RTP/RTCP) is used at
> either end of the proxy server.

Suppose proxy server 1 and 2 are chained, but each other in a separate
LAN (and different PCs). The correct startup order (in my opinion) is:
start back-end stream (for instance a camera); launch proxy server 2
(which communicates with the camera); register URL at proxy server 2;
launch proxy server 1 (which communicates with proxy server 2); register
URL at proxy server 1. If the proxy server 2 is restarted, do I have to
register the URL at the first proxy server again? Are there other issues
to expect when running both proxy servers at different PCs?

Best regards,

Frank van Eijkelenburg