[Live-devel] client port number at proxy server

Frank van Eijkelenburg frank.van.eijkelenburg at technolution.nl
Fri May 29 04:50:13 PDT 2015

Hi,

If I look at the proxy server, you can register unique back-end rtsp
urls (with, for instance, an ip address and port number inside). But the
client will always use the same port number to view the registered
stream, is that right?

In my situation, I have multiple cameras with a unique ip address and
port number, but the remaining url could be the same as another camera.
When using the proxy server I can register both back-end urls but not at
different ports (because only one port is used when creating the
RTSPServerWithREGISTERProxying object). You can make a difference in the
suffix while registering, but that is in our case not an option. The
only other options (as far as I can see) is to:
1. launch a proxy server for each back-end stream
2. modify the proxy server to create multiple
RTSPServerWithREGISTERProxying objects.

Is this right, or are there other (simpler) options possible?

In case of option 2, can I (or do I have to) reuse my
BasicUsageEnvironment object? I think I have, because it also contains
the taskscheduler and the whole library is setup as a single threaded
implementation.

--

Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards,

*Frank van Eijkelenburg* Lead Designer

*T* +31(0)182594000 | *E* frank.van.eijkelenburg at technolution.nl
*A*Burgemeester Jamessingel 1, P.O. Box 2013, 2800 BD Gouda, The
Netherlands | *W*technolution.com

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may not be
passed on to, or made available for use by any person other than the
addressee(s). Technolution B.V. rules out any and every liability
resulting from any electronic transmission.