[Live-devel] AAC-hbr converted to lower case in proxy server causes gstreamer to not detect decoder type

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 5 01:40:42 PST 2015

Yes, this is probably a bug in ‘gstreamer’; please report it to them.

However, having our proxy server code convert this string to lower-case turned out to be unnecessary, because our “MPEG4GenericRTPSink” code already converts the string to lower-case internally before doing a string comparison.  Therefore, in the next release of the software I’ll change the proxy server code so that it no longer converts it to lower-case before passing it to “MPEG4GenericRTPSink::createNew()”.