[Live-devel] Audio codec supported by Android

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 26 08:07:26 PST 2015

> Both streams work well when I play them via VLC, but when I try to play it using an Android player (that I wrote), the video is OK but the audio is played in slow motion.

You should report this bug on an ‘Android’ mailing list.

> -          How do I convert from 16-bit PCM to a selected codec (other than ULaw) using your library?

You don’t, because our library doesn’t contain any codec (audio/video decoding and/or encoding software) - except for the trivial PCM<->uLaw conversion filters.

To do media transcoding, people typically use the separate “ffmpeg” (or “libav”) libraries, and then encapsulate this transcoding in a custom LIVE555 “FramedFilter” subclass.