[Live-devel] How to sync H264 and AAC timestamp from live streaming

Eric_Hsieh at alphanetworks.com Eric_Hsieh at alphanetworks.com
Fri Oct 2 00:32:25 PDT 2015

Dear Ross,

I am a new guy to learn live555 and porting it into our platform.
Now, we are coding a RTSP server based on testOnDemandRTSPServer sample code.
We create 4 new classes to read H264 and AAC frames from our ring buffer not file.
Each time call doGetNextFrame(), the class will deliver a “discrete” frame to fTo.
Now, what we face is very familiar with
http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2014-September/018686.html
http://live-devel.live.narkive.com/0Idqc0Pj/aac-h264-rtp-multicast-timestamps
And, we sure
1. AV's fPresentationTime is correct. We have 2 program to get A/V frames from V4L2 device.
And, when we get one frame, we will mark timestamp(gettimeofday) for each one
and put it into ring buffer.
2. Video’s fDurationInMicroseconds is 0.
3. Only video stream is working well.
4. Only audio stream is also working well.
5. Stream A/V at same time, in the begin, AV is sync.
After 1~2 minutes, video start to drift.
VLC show ”more than 5 seconds of late video, drop” and
video stop, audio is still going well.
6. Now, we use  H264VideoStreamFramer not H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer,
  because we need a parser to create SDP for H264.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your kindly help.

regards, eric, 10/02

This electronic mail transmission is intended only for the named recipient. It contains information which may be privileged,confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication by anyone other than the recipient or the recipient's agent is strictly prohibited. If this electronic mail transmission is received in error, Please notify us immediately and delete the message and all attachments of it from your computer system. Thank you for your cooperation.