[Live-devel] PUSH stream LIVE555

Filipe Falcão falcao at oidesign.pt
Tue Oct 13 02:03:43 PDT 2015

Hi Ross,
I see that you see PUSHING as a non standard method but maybe for our case
makes senses, unless there is alternative solutions.

I will try to explain why Pushing in our case is really our main need and
would try to find a existent solution with LIVE555.

Our rtsp streams are from ³small cameras² connected on different networks by
non-IT persons.
If the camea use PUSH directly to our external servers we guarantee that
everytime one of our cameras is connected in a network with internet we get
immediately the stream, without having to open specific ports on that
network to access the camera from outside ­ almost as plug and play.

That is why we want the PUSH function but we would like to do with software
that the module as already installed in this case LIVE555.

Hope you can help us solve this one.

Thanks!