[Live-devel] PUSH stream LIVE555

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 13 06:27:51 PDT 2015

For the final time: This model of communication is not one that we support, or endorse using LIVE555.

If you have a proxy server that cannot access a ‘back-end’ camera server (due to the presence of a firewall), then you can instruct the camera to ‘register’ itself with the proxy server, so that the proxy server knows about its stream, and can set up RTSP proxying (i.e., normal ‘pull-pull’ RTSP) for it.  This gives you the same functionality as ‘pushing’ the camera’s stream to the server, but is much less complex.

For more information on this, note our web page for the “LIVE555 Proxy Server” (in particular, the “-R” command-line option), and note also this page:
	http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2015-July/019529.html <http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2015-July/019529.html>

This will be my - and your - last posting on this thread.