[Live-devel] [Spam Mail] How to sync H264 and AAC timestamp from live streaming

Eric_Hsieh at alphanetworks.com Eric_Hsieh at alphanetworks.com
Wed Oct 14 02:01:26 PDT 2015

Dear Deanna,

Now, we can get response from RR report and drop P frames according to it.
But, there are some issues on it.

First of all, we should explain some thing let you understand what we faced.
1. We will stream H264/AAC at same time and get those frames from ring buffer(share memory).
2. At H264 sub session with 30fps, that mean H264 task will call doGetNextFrame() 30 times per sec.
   Each time, our code will make sure doGetNextFrame() get one H264 frame(I or P) to deliver to fTo.
   So, doGetNextFrame() may be blocking by ring buffer.
3. At AAC sub session, we would not drop any frames, but it may also be blocked.

We can not reduce bitrate from encoder. So, we only can do is drop frame.
If we drop some P frames according to RR report’s delay time.
The audio will be very not smooth, video will block after 2 minutes
and vlc’s log show “More than 4 late frames, dropping frame”.
In the end, vlc stop playing.

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot.

regards, eric, 10/14