[Live-devel] How to sync H264 and AAC timestamp from live streaming

Eric_Hsieh at alphanetworks.com Eric_Hsieh at alphanetworks.com
Wed Oct 21 01:33:31 PDT 2015

Dear Ross,

From your previous suggestions, if we want to deliver live streaming out via live555,
we should use H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer and set fDurationInMicroseconds to be 0.
Now, our RTSP server stream H264+AAC works well with one client.
If there is the second client to connect our server, first client’s video will freeze.
If the second client close the player, first client’s video will resume working again.

I try to figure out why this issue will happen.
I got the reason because doGetNextFrame will be blocked until the live data is ready.
H264 frame may block 33ms, AAC frame may block 128ms.

Then, I try to resolve this issue.
I set H264’s fDurationInMicroseconds to be 33ms, AAC’s fDurationInMicroseconds to be 128ms.
The first client’s video will freeze forever.

If the server stream video only with fDurationInMicroseconds 33ms, it works well with multi client.
If the server stream audio only with fDurationInMicroseconds 128ms, it also works well with multi client.

Any suggestions? Please help. That would be very great.
Thanks a lot.

regards, eric, 10/21