[Live-devel] Errors when running live555MediaServer

Alex Agranovsky alex at sighthound.com
Tue Oct 20 11:55:59 PDT 2015

Hello,

Trying to run live555MediaServer with a 1080p mkv input, and seeing this sort of errors:

MultiFramedRTPSink::afterGettingFrame1(): The input frame data was too large for our buffer size (301380).  439528 bytes of trailing data was dropped!  Correct this by increasing "OutPacketBuffer::maxSize" to at least 739528, *before* creating this 'RTPSink'.  (Current value is 300000.)

From what I can see, this is not something that can be controlled via parameters. If we are to rebuild, would you accept a patch to control this (similar to -b/-B in openRTSP)?

While I’m on the subject of parameters, would you contemplate adding a parameter to control which IP live555MediaServer binds to? Or, at least, bind to INADDR_ANY by default?

Best,
- Alex