[Live-devel] Errors when running live555MediaServer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 20 21:36:18 PDT 2015

No, I won’t be adding command-line parameters to the “LIVE555 Media Server” application, because I want it to be as simple as possible (for unsophisticated users).  However, you are free, of course (subject to the conditions of the LGPL) to modify your own version of the code.

> Trying to run live555MediaServer with a 1080p mkv input, and seeing this sort of errors:
>
> MultiFramedRTPSink::afterGettingFrame1(): The input frame data was too large for our buffer size (301380).  439528 bytes of trailing data was dropped!  Correct this by increasing "OutPacketBuffer::maxSize" to at least 739528, *before* creating this 'RTPSink'.  (Current value is 300000.)

The *real* problem here is that your video’s ‘key frames’ are *much* too large for streaming.  See
	http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2015-May/019402.html <http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2015-May/019402.html>
(and the links contained in that message).