[Live-devel] Live555 transport UDP packet through NAT

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 20 21:24:49 PDT 2015

>  I don't want to transmit video user TCP, so I have stuck myself with UDP. So my question is how can I sebd UDP packet over NAT using live555?

In general, you can’t expect to be able to run a RTSP server on the private side of a NAT; see
	http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2015-October/019700.html <http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2015-October/019700.html>

> If live555 does not allow me to do so , If I use ICE (STUN + TURN) how can I configure these protocols with Live555 libraries?

Not at present.  There is work underway to develop a LIVE555-based WebRTC media server (that could run on the private side of a NAT), but there’s no ETA for this.