[Live-devel] transcoding a videostream

Frank van Eijkelenburg frank.van.eijkelenburg at technolution.nl
Tue Sep 1 23:48:18 PDT 2015

I am sorry if Iitwasn't clear enough. Your suggestion is exactly what I
want to do: implement my own LIVE555 transcoding filter (based on
libAV). My confusion is about the registering of urls and where to put
the libAV play command. Do I need to register two urls: the "normal
camerastream" and the "transcoded camerastream", or should it be enough
to just use the "transcoded camerastream"? What happens if a player
tries to play the "transcoded camerastream"? This will result in sending
a RTSP play command to the camera, but does the libAV play command do
the same? I have not totally clear what will happen and therefore need
some suggestions in the right direction.

best regards,

Frank van Eijkelenburg