[Live-devel] ByteStreamFileSource closing pipe file descriptor

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Sep 8 16:46:19 PDT 2015

> I’m not necessarily asking for you to change the API back to how it was; as you said, there was probably a good reason for changing it in the first place.  I was hoping, however, that you or someone else on the list would have a clean an elegant solution.

Yes, I’d be interested to hear what other people have done to deal with this situation (the multiple calls to “createNewStreamSource()” (with ‘close()’ in-between) when the input source is a pipe).  Sometime down the road, I may end up reinstating the optional “deleteFidOnClose” parameter.  In the meantime, I advise sticking with your “clientSessionId == 0” hack.