[Live-devel] RTSPClient bug?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 24 01:53:17 PDT 2015

Yes, I think you’ve found a bug in the code.

Note, however, that you seem to be using an old version of the code, because:

> In this case, foundRequest can’t access because it is deleted. But, handleRequestBytes accesses foundRequest on 1835 line. It occurs crash.

In the current version of the code (the only version that we support), “foundRequest” is accessed on line 1842, not line 1835.

> When I modified code like below, it works without crash.
> if (!resendCommand(foundRequest)) break;
> -> if (!resendCommand(foundRequest)) return;
>
> Please Confirm my modified code is ok.

It would be better to replace that line with:
	(void)resendCommand(foundRequest);

so that the the following line
	delete[] headerDataCopy;
gets executed - and then
	return;
after that.

I’ll be fixing this bug in the next release of the software.